pousal and Common-Law Partner Sponsorship Canada - DailyNewsLTD.Net

pousal and Common-Law Partner Sponsorship Canada

Spousal and Common-Law Partner Sponsorship

Keeping families together and reuniting spouses is the high priority of the Government of Canada. The Spouse or Common-Law Partner Sponsorship Class permits you to sponsor your wife/husband or common-law partner for a permanent resident visa.   

How to Qualify to Become a Sponsor?

The candidate may apply to sponsor a spouse or common-law partner of the same or opposite sex if he meets the following requirements:

  • He must be 18 years or older;
  • He must be a Canadian citizen, a Canadian permanent resident, or an Individual registered as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act (if he is a Canadian citizen living outside Canada
  • He must show plan to live in Canada when the person he sponsored becomes a permanent resident 
  • He cannot sponsor someone if he is a permanent resident living outside Canada).
  • He must be able to prove that he is not receiving any social assistance for reasons other than he is a disabled person; 
  • He must make sure that they don’t need any social assistance from the government; and
  • He must prove that he can provide the basic needs of any person he is sponsoring

Difference Between a Spouse (Wife or Husband) and a Common-Law Partner?

Common-Law Partner: If a candidate is not legally married but is in a serious relationship, he and his partner are considered common-law partners. They must have been living with their partner for at least twelve consecutive months. It means that there should not be longer periods of living separately, even if one member has gone away on a business or working trip, is traveling, or a personal family trip.

Spouse: A spouse is a life partner to whom someone gets married or marriage.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *